Sunday, August 17, 2014

The Stamp Review Crew: Daydream Medallions

http://stampreviewcrew.blogspot.com/
Welcome back for another edition of The Stamp Review Crew.  This time we are featuring the Daydream Medallions stamp set. Love what everyone has shown us so far!  This is a great set because it has matching framelits.  And this month, you can buy them bundled together for an extra 15% off! 

I have two cards to share with you today.  The first is a Christmas Card.  I know it looks more like Gumball Green than Meadow Morning, but I promise, it is Meadow Morning:
Colors: Meadow Morning, Cherry Cobbler, Very Vanilla and Crumb Cake. Stamps: Hardwood Background, Daydream Medallions.  Big Shot: Circle Framelits.  Punches: 2" circle, Word Window, and Modern Label.  Accessories: Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding, Vintage Lace Trim, Pearl Jewels, Blendabilities.
For this card, I used one of the medium circle stamps, stamped it once on the paper, then rotated it just a titch (using my Stamp-A-Majig to line it up perfectly) and stamped it again.  I colored some of the smallest pearls with the Cherry Cobbler Blendabilites and added them to look like berries.

And the second card features a window:


Colors: Whisper White, Lost Lagoon, Smoky Slate, and Pear Pizzazz.  Stamps: Daydream Medallions and Something to Say.  Big Shot: Floral Frames Framelits Collection.  Accessories: Smoky Slate Button, Window Sheet.
This one sort of just came together.  Once I got the largest of these medallions on the paper, I noticed that one of the matching framelits fit perfectly inside the image, just begging to be a window. So that is exactly what I did with it.

I hope you've enjoyed my take on this fabulous stamp set.  If you have, show a little love by leaving a comment below, or pinning it on your boards at Pinterest.  Now you are off for the rest of the hop and some more amazing ideas from the rest of the team. Use the buttons below to navigate forward or backward or visit The Stamp Review Crew for a complete list of participating bloggers.

 http://www.peoniesandpaperchains.com/2014/08/stamp-review-crew-daydream-medallions-edition.html

http://tinkerin-in-ink.blogspot.com/2014/08/stamp-review-crew-daydream-medallions.html

11 comments:

Yapha said...

Great cards, Paula! I love the wreath on the Hardwood, and the window is pretty fabulous!

Kerry Willard Bray said...

These projects are both adorable, Paulia, however I am positive drooling over the first one! So fun!

Debbi said...

The window is such a great idea!

Dawn Tidd said...

The dynamic duo for sure! I love both your takes on the Daydream Medallions. The wreath is wonderful and the window idea is brilliant!!

Unknown said...

It was just pointed out to me that it is Mossy Meadow not Morning Meadow! I wrote this post as I was walking out the door for vacation and apparently my brain left for vacation before the rest of me did. Can't fix it from my phone so it will stay incorrect til I get back. Sorry!!

Mike said...

Okay, for starters who knew you could rotate the stamp to get a completely different looking design!? My favorite is the Thank You card. I love the color palette!

Judys said...

Beautiful cards and I especially love that window with this set.

Heidi Baks said...

Very elegant Christmas card. I just love your window idea... adds fun interest to your card.

Add Ink and Stamp said...

Your wreath card is genius and I love the elegance of your window card!

Betty said...

Now those are some creative ideas! Rotating the stamp made it look entirely different... so cool! Also love the woodgrain on green card stock. I would never have thought of that!

Mitzi Luttrull said...

I love your window card! Thanks for demonstrating what can be done with this stamp set when adding the framelits.