Wednesday, April 9, 2014

It's a Box. . . It's a Card . . .

It's both!  These cards became very popular a few months back and as always, I'm behind the curve with making one and sharing it with you.  But here is my take on it:

Colors: Basic Black, Whisper White, Crushed Curry, Bermuda Bay, and Strawberry Slush. Stamps: Geometical, Yippee Skippee, Just Sayin', Peachy Keen.  Big Shot: On Film and Just Sayin' Framelits.  Punches: Small Oval, Banner, Triangle.  Accessories: Kaleidoscope Designer Series Paper, Window Sheets, White Baker's Twine.
I made this for my birthday class, but it would also make a great card for graduation or anytime you needed a good, "Yippee-Skippee!"  It kind of feels like a party going on when you open this up.  And it's easy to leave up for the world to see too since it stands up on it's own.  Here's another view of it:


You've probably come across a few variations of this Card in a Box idea.  I used the measurements that Heidi Baks shared on her blog during the Chalk Talk Edition of The Stamp Review Crew.  I love hers because it fits perfectly into a regular envelope when closed.

Just this week I made a different version of this card for Mother's Day that will be featured at my next Stampin' Buffet on April 25 & 26. I will have all of these projects posted here and on Facebook this weekend so be sure to come back and check them all out.

1 comment:

Sue from Oregon said...

This is super super cute! Love the Yippee Skippee!