Friday, March 28, 2014

Sale-A-Bration: When Skies are Gray

Another look at a Sale-A-Bration exclusive stamp set today.  This time it's See Ya Later.  I have seen a lot of cute things made with this stamp set, (just go look on Pinterest) but the stamp I really wanted to get inky says: "You Make Me Happy When Skies are Gray."  I used to sing "You are my Sunshine" to my oldest when he was a tiny baby and it always made him smile which always made me smile.  Such good memories now that he is a surly tween.

Here's what I made:

Colors: Smoky Slate, Daffodil Delight and Whisper White.  Stamps: See Ya Later (SAB exclusive). Big Shot: Decorative Dots Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (SAB exclusive), Banner Framelits.  Punches: 1-3/8" Circle, Cupcake Builder (Clouds), Banner Punch (SAB), XL Oval and Decorative Label. Accessories: Rhinestones, Whisper White 1/8" Taffeta. 
This is another Pinterest inspiration.  (Making it a pinspiration, right?)  This time the original card was by Eileen LaFevre.  I loved how she used the largest of the Banner Framelits to make the card base and the cupcake punch for the clouds.  So cute.  So I just kind of ran with it from there.

I've seen several cards that have used the banner punch to make sun rays.  I have been singing the praises of this little punch since the beginning of Sale-A-Bration.  You can get this punch free through Sale-A-Bration, or it will be available in the next catalog. (But why not get it free while you still can, right?) 

And I can't count the number of times I've used the Decorative Dots Textured Impression Embossing Folder.  This is only available during Sale-A-Bration.  And I will miss having it as a current product.

Don't forget, Sale-A-Bration ends on Monday, March 31 at midnight MDT.  So don't miss out on your chance to get this stamp set or the embossing folder before it's too late.  Click the Shop Now button and get busy!

No comments: