Monday, March 24, 2014

Make a Wish Hexagon Card

I finally had a chance to play with the Hexagon Hive Thinlits Die from the Occasions Mini Catalog.  At first I balked a little bit wondering if it was worth purchasing.  But I was hooked after one card:


Colors: Smoky Slate, Daffodil Delight, and Whisper White.  Stamps: Sweet Essentials.  Big Shot: Hexagon Hive Thinlits Die. Accessories: Watercolor Wonder Designer Series Paper and Rhinestone Jewels.
To make this card, I actually cut the Hexagon Hive Thinlit three times: one in each color.  I adhered the white base over the Designer Series Paper first and then used the punched out pieces from the Daffodil Delight and Smokey Slate to cover the solid pieces that were left on the white, popping some of them up on Dimensionals to give it a little more, well, dimension.  Finally, I added the random rhinestones which I think give the card that extra special touch.

One tip to using this (and other) Thinlet die: place a piece of waxed paper between the die and your card stock before you run it through the Big Shot.  The waxed paper keeps the thin pieces from getting stuck in the die and will save you a lot of wasted ruined cuts.  Consider yourself warned.

No comments: