Monday, June 25, 2012

Teacher Gifts

I know, I know.  I'm a few weeks late posting these.  They are the gifts I made for my boys' teachers this year and they both feature products that recently retired.  I hope you will forgive me and just enjoy the project and the idea behind them.

Actually, I got the idea for them from the Family Frame insert that I made a couple of months ago.  A teacher friend of mine was at my house making one and we started talking about how I could turn it into a teacher's gift and well, this is what I came up with:
Colors: Lucky Limeade, Coral Calypso, Whisper White, Wisteria Wonder, Early Espresso.  Stamps: Fruit and Flowers, retired greeting.  Big Shot: Serif Essentials Alphabet(r), Timeless Type(r).  Punches: Itty Bitty Punch Pack, Heart Trio(r) Accessories: Berry Blossoms Designer Series Paper(r), Lucky Limeade and Coral Calypso Ruffled Ribbon, Whisper White Taffeta Ribbon, Rhinestone Jewels. Other: 8-1/2"x11" frame.

This is for the amazing first grade teacher my younger boy had this year.  The saying on it reads, "We make a living by what we do, but we make a life by what we give. - Winston Churchill"  I've always thought this was a great saying for a teacher because who gives more than they do?  The stamp came from a hostess set from a few years back, but I won't give it up since I love this saying so much. And I really do love these alphabet dies and was so sad to see them retired.  But again, no way am I giving them up.  I love them.
Colors: Not Quite Navy, Cajun Craze, Naturals Ivory.  Stamps: Daring Adventure.  Big Shot: Serif Essentials Alphabet(r), Timeless Type(r). Accessories: Well Worn Designer Series Paper (r).  Other: 8-1/2"x11" frame.
My older son also had a fabulous teacher this past year. I chose the saying, "Life is either a daring adventure or nothing - Helen Keller" for Mr. Hassett because he loves adventures and was so excited to talk about our National Park trip and other adventures he has been on. As you can see, I kept this one a little more simple (less embellishments) for a man.

The Family frame inserts were 10"x13".  But I also wanted to make these smaller so they could be displayed in the classroom, if the teachers choose.  So I shrank down the squares to make them fit in the frame.  (And of course, I didn't measure them before I gave them away so I couldn't tell you exactly what those measurements are.  Sorry).

This is the week I get serious about convention swaps so I should have lots of new projects to share with you over the coming weeks.  Everyone send mojo my way so I can get them done in the three weeks I have until convention starts.

3 comments:

Yapha said...

These are fabulous!! Such a great idea. I'm sure they loved them!

Tanya Boser said...

Wow! Those are some lucky teachers! And don't hog all the Mojo, I need some too ;)

Mickey Roberts said...

What Tanya said! Love the gifts for the teachers but please don't use up all the mojo...