Friday, June 8, 2012

Step it Up Cards: Best of Everything Take 2

On Wednesday, I showed you a card I made for a swap on Stampin' Addicts: Best of Everything Take 1   I promised to show you the "Stepped Up" version of the card today. Drum roll please:

Colors: Lucky Limeade, Island Indigo, Whisper White, Pool party.  Stamps: Best of Everything.  Big Shot: Adorning Accents Edgelits and Embossing Folders, Labels Collection Framelits, Polka Dot Embossing Folder.  Punches: Itty Bitty Punch Pack.  Accessories: Mini Brads, Pool Party Ruffled Ribbon.
As you can see, a lot changed on this stepped up version of the card.  Instead of the striped Designer Series Paper, I opted to use regular card stock and spiff it up with the Edgelits and matching embossing folders.  I embossed the bottom Framelit layer.  I added another color to the mix with Pool Party flowers on the branch and ribbon running around the card.

This was a fun swap to do. And I hope to get to play in another one again soon. Next week, my company goes home and I'll have more time to use my new stuff.  Come back on Monday and hold me to it. :)

8 comments:

Yapha said...

Oh wow! That card is amazing! You didn't just step it up, you knocked it out of the park!! Love all of the textures!

Anonymous said...

This is so pleasing to my eye! Particularly like the tree turned into a tree limb with a birdie strutting...

Tanya Boser said...

Love this!! I believe I got one of these :)

Katherine said...

I got a set of these too! I love this card!!

Anonymous said...

ooooooooooo
So many pretty ideas on here. Of course I love the little flowers but I also like how you used the edgelits, such a beautiful shape!

Carmen said...

WOW I loved the other card but this is even better!! Well done!!

Mickey Roberts said...

Wow! I thought the first card was perfect as is...but you definitely took it to the next level beautifully!

Sue said...

Oh WOW! I love your use of the edglits on top and bottom! The little flowers on the branch are a cute touch, too! Beautiful!!!