Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Step It Up Cards: Best of Everything Take 1

A few months ago, I participated in a Stampin' Addict's swap with a twist.  The idea for the swap was that you created a simple card that would work as a make and take for a workshop and then you took that card and "stepped it up" by adding embellishments or techniques to it to show how easy it is.  I did two groups and have already posted my first set of the simple card and the stepped up version.

I told you then, almost two months ago now, that I had a second set to show you as well.  Since I'm kind of in a lull waiting for my box of new stuff to get here tomorrow (come on Mr. Brown!) I thought I'd share with you the simple version of the second set of cards.

Colors: Lucky Limeade, Island Indigo and Whisper White.  Stamps: Best of Everything. Big Shot: Label Collection Framelits.  Accessories: Brads, In Color Paper Pack
While I made this card over two months ago, everything on the card is still currently available.  Givent the large retirement list from the last catalog, I can't say that about many of my older cards.  Come back on Friday and I'll show you how I added some "wow" and stepped it up.

7 comments:

Mickey Roberts said...

How cute! Love the colors you used for this card. That bird is just so adorable.

Yapha said...

Super cute card! I can't wait to see how you stepped it up!

Tanya Boser said...

I have both versions of this card, and this version has lots of fun details already!

Anonymous said...

Very cute and I like it even more because it is "mailable". TFS!

Carmen said...

Very cute card!! Wish I had swapped!

Sue said...

Very cute card! It's great just the way it is! I'm anxious to see how you stepped it up.

Katherine said...

I love these, they are among my favorites from that swap!