Friday, June 15, 2012

Stampin' Addict's New Catalog Blog Hop: Moving Forward

Welcome to stop #13 on the Stampin' Addict's New Catalog Blog Hop.  If you are hoping in order, then you've arrived from Betty's Kitty Stamps and her fabulous look at Clockworks.  If this is your first stop on the hop, just follow the links at the end of the post to loop back around to the beginning so you don't miss out on any of the fabulous projects.  If you get lost along the way, visit the main thread over on Stampin' Addicts.

There were so many stamp sets to choose from, but I decided to go with Moving Forward -- this year's Make A Difference stamp set.  Stampin' Up! donates $3 from the sale of each of these stamp sets to the Ronald McDonald House Charities.  I was very impressed to learn that Stampin' Up! has donated more than $1,000,000 to this fabulous charity over the years.  If you haven't discovered this set yet, it's inside the very back cover of the catalog.

The set features three stamps with a transportation theme: a sailboat, tricycle and blimp. There are  four additional smaller stamps to accent the larger ones.  Each of the larger images have a greeting attached, but I cut them off to make the set a little more versatile.  I have four projects to share with you today and I will be posting more details about each one over the next couple of weeks so please come back and see ALL the details then.

This card seemed to make itself.  (Love it when that happens.)  I just love this sailboat.  It just spoke "baby card" to me (even though the attached greeting says Thinking of You).  Several other new items are featured on this card including the Large Scallop Edgelit and the fabulous new Stampin' Pierce Mat.  I may have gotten a little carried away with the paper piercing on this card, but it's so easy with this new template.  This should go to the top of everyone's wish list ASAP.  I also used a greeting from the Itty Bitty Banner Set with the matching Bitty Banner Framelits. And let's not forget the new stitched grosgrain ribbon: love this stuff.

Isn't this blimp fun?  I don't remember Stampin' Up selling a blimp stamp before but I know this is my first.  The pinking design on the orange mat comes from the new Finishing Touches Edgelit set.  And I added a different color of the new stitched ribbon and just a touch of paper piercing to add just the right touch to this 3x3 card.

Remember I told you that there are four little accent stamps that go with this set?  This card features two of them: that cute frog and that dotted swirly line. I just love this little frog and I can see him appearing on lots of projects in the next year.  I used the new Gumball Green In Color card stock, ink and stitched satin ribbon as well.

My last project is a box that features the tricycle from the set.  I know I gushed over the blimp and the sailboat, but I think the tricycle is my favorite.  I had a tricycle just like this when I was a child (minus the basket on the back).  So it makes me nostalgic.  I cut the new Polka Dot Parade Designer Series Paper with a new Oval Accent Clear Bigz Die to make the topper for this box.  The box itself was made with the Simply Scored too.  I will share more details about this project on Monday so if you want the measurements and directions, come back then.

Thanks for visiting my blog today.  I hope you will stop back again soon.  If you started at the beginning of this hop with Twila's Stamp a Little Longer look at Chock-Full of Cheer, you've made it all the way to the end.  If you started somewhere in the middle, then just continue to her blog by clicking "next."



15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the little frog too!

Anonymous said...

Too, too cute! The tricycle is my favorite, too. It not only recalls memories from my childhood, but my boys, too. So sweet...

Mickey Roberts said...

These projects are just adorable! I love the tricycle (and I had one just like it, too, including the basket!) but I have to say that the sailboat card is my favorite.

Sue said...

Your cards are just adorable!!!

Yapha said...

Such great projects! The color combos on each are just fabulous. I love the box at the end -- can't wait for more details! Thanks for another great blog hop!

Betty said...

Super set of projects! You sure packed in lots of new goodies-- wonderful use of the paper piercing and the egdelits!!

Twila said...

SO Paula, know I have to get this set, because I love that little frog! You did a super job creating cards using this set. The boat ones is my favorite. Love how you added the water.

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

Oh my golly!!!! My set arrives soon and I am really excited. I, too, loved my trike and feel in love with this set immediately! Your projects are perfect,

Debra Burgin said...

I adore the baby card (no, NOT too much piercing!), but that little frog made me LOL. Fabulous projects!

Carmen said...

Ok I didn't like this set but now I love it!! Thanks for such cute projects!!

Kim said...

What great cards to showcase this set! Love your frog card.

Heidi Baks said...

Adorable projects! I think you had me with that little sailboat.

Tanya Boser said...

Oh gosh! I just don't even know which to think is my favorite, they are all so darn cute! And that frog is adorable, lol. Awesome stuff here, thanks so much Paula!

RhondaG - The Stampin' Bunny said...

Great projects Paula!! I love the box best I think, but it is so hard to choose!!

KilkennyVFX said...

I love the little green frog springing out! Cute cards and I love how you used lots of different colors for each sample.