Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Pleasant Poppies

One of the first stamps that caught my eye in the new 2012-2013 Catalog was Pleasant Poppies.  It is a larger, single stamp, big enough to cover an entire card front.  Here is the first card I made with it.

Colors: Gumball Green, Coral Calypso, Whisper White.  Stamps: Pleasant Poppies, Pursuit of Happiness.  Accessories: Black StazOn Ink, Markers, Gumball Green Stitched Satin Ribbon.

This is one of the first extra large stamp sets that has been available in clear mount.  One of the things I love about clear mount stamps is the ability to "surgically" separate a single stamp image for more versatility.  On this stamp, I used my trusty Craft & Rubber Scissors to cut the smaller group of flowers off of the larger image. Here is the entire image so you can get an idea of which part I cut off:

Does that cause anyone any heart palpitations?  At first it freaked me out a little bit too when I first thought of it.  But with clear mount, it is so simple to just line them back up on the block along the cut line for when you need the entire image.   And it worked so well, I plan to do it with other stamps too.

This is one of the cards that will be available at my All-You-Can-Stamp Buffet this Saturday and next Tuesday.  Thursday is the last day to RSVP for this event so let me know if you plan to attend.

And Friday starts the Stampin' Addicts New Catalog Blog Hop.  I will be featuring the new Ronald McDonald House Stamp Set called Moving Forward.  We'll see you then!


9 comments:

Tammi Verbarendse said...

Great idea, Paula!! I may have to try that sometime...

Yapha said...

Oh you are so brave to cut apart the stamp! Smart and brave! Lovely card, great colors!!

Twila said...

Pretty card Paula and you are really brave. I just got this set, might give it a try.

Sue said...

Pretty card! Love your color combo... bright and cheery!

Katherine said...

What a great idea to get more use out of a stamp. This is a great card!

Tanya Boser said...

And I had just decided that I was going to continue to get all of the BG stamps on WM. This is a FABULOUS idea!!

Mickey Roberts said...

Wow! You are brave! But I love the extra versatility you have when you separate the flowers. Love, Love, Love the card.

Anonymous said...

Clever girl!

Carmen said...

Great idea!!