Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Moving Forward Sailboat Card

Today I promised to show you a closer look at the Sailboat card I made for the blog hop. 
Colors: Wild Wasabi, Bashful Blue, and Whisper White.  Stamps: Itty Bitty Banners and Moving Forward.  Big Shot: 3" circle die, Striped Embossing Folder, Large Scallop Edgelit, Bitty Banners Framelit.  Accessories: Brads, Essentials Paper Piercing Pack, 1/4" Wild Wasabi stitched grosgrain ribbon.
As I posted on the blog hop, this card pretty much made itself.  Everything just seemed to fall into place.  I knew I wanted to make a baby card and I knew I wanted it to be these colors.  The rest just happened.  This doesn't happen for me very often but I love it when it does.  Usually I cut a bunch of pieces out and move things around and try to make it work and then end up starting all over again. 

I also knew I wanted to show off the new Essentials Paper Piercing Pack. I loved the old Mat Pack we had with the little piercing template, but this is about 1000 times better.  To start with, it is a full 6"x6".  That means it fits across an entire card and you don't have to move it and line it back up as you go down a card front.  It comes with three separate templates too and many of them match up with the shapes in the Apothecary Accents Framelits, several different Edgelits and many of our most popular punches.  Here is what they look like:



Come back on Friday for a closer look at the final two cards from the Blog Hop!

5 comments:

Yapha said...

That card is fabulous!! I love all of the paper piercing! The new pierce packs are amazing! great colors, too!

Tanya Boser said...

This is such an adorable card, I have to CAS it! I, too, have fallen for the wonderful new piercing templates :)

Mickey Roberts said...

Love those templates! I think this card is my favorite from the ones you showcased during the hop. It's just so awesome!

Katherine said...

Cute, cute, cute! I love this!

Carmen said...

This is waaaay to cute!! love it!!