Friday, June 22, 2012

Moving Forward Frog and Blimp Cards

As promised, today I'm sharing the details on my last two cards from the Stampin' Addicts New Catalog Blog Hop.  BTW, it's not to late to see all the projects from the Blog Hop.  You can start right here because all the blogs are still deeplinked together.

The first, the frog card:

Colors: Gumball Green, Pretty in Pink, and Whisper White.  Stamps: Moving Forward and Pursuit of Happiness.  Big Shot: Designer Frames Folders.  Accessories: Gumball Green Stitched Satin Ribbon.
I just wanted to make a simple 4-1/4" square card featuring this frog to show off the smaller images in this stamp set.  I love the Pursuit of Happiness stamp set.  The sayings in it are just good for my heart.  I picked this saying because it has the word "mainspring" in it (which I know has little to do with jumping per say, but in my head, that is where I went).  I used the rectangular frame from the Designer Frames Folders and cut it out to make the frame for the greeting and tucked a flag of ribbon behind it.  I also cut the frog out and popped it up with a dimensional to give the card some depth.  (Have I mentioned lately how much I love dimensionals?  I simply cannot get enough of them.  I have to order them at least once a month just because I keep running out.)

Color: Pacific Point, Tangerine Tango, Whisper White, and Pool Party.  Stamps: Moving Forward.  Big Shot: Finishing Touches Edgelits.  Punch: Cupcake Builder Punch.  Accessories: Pacific Point Stitched Ribbon.
This is a 3" square card, perfect to go with a gift for a boy's birthday party. I started out using markers to make this blimp different colors and then had the a-ha moment: stamp it twice, once in Tangerine Tango and once in Pacific Point and cut the Tangerine one out and put it on top of the Pacific Point one.  That gives the card a little more dimension nd interest.  To make the clouds behind the Pacific Point image, I used the top of the Cupcake punch and inked around it and then moved it and did it over and over again to get clouds. (They are a little hard to see in this picture). I do like this "pinking" edge from this Edgelit too.  It is a nice finishing touch that isn't too girly.  And of course, a little paper piercing at the bottom too.

I hope you have enjoyed these projects featuring Moving Forward.  Remember, every time this stamp set is purchased, Stampin' Up! donates $3 to the Ronald McDonald House Charities.  A fabulous stamp set for a great cause!

4 comments:

Katherine said...

So cute! I love the blimp!!

Yapha said...

Such great cards! I love the color pairings on each. I can tell you must go through a lot of Dimensionals, but it is totally worth it!

Tanya Boser said...

I totally get your "mainspring" thought :) And I am also a member of DA (Dimensional Addicts) lol! Your cards are adorable, as always!

Mickey Roberts said...

These cards are too darn cute!