Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Flowering Flourishes

There are so many fun, new sets in the 2012-2013 Catalog.  I tried to feature several of them at my last stampin' buffet.  This is one of them:

Colors: Soft Suede, Summer Starfruit, Primrose Petal, Very Vanilla.  Stamps: Flowering Flourishes, Perfectly Penned.  Punches: Itty Bitty Punch Pack and Boho Blossom.  Accessories: Pearl Jewels, Primrose Petal Stitched Satin Ribbon.
This set is called Flowering Flourishes.  I love flourishes of any kind.  They make great back ground images or focal point images.  Here I used the largest of the three flourishes that come in the set as the focal point.  To give it some dimension, I added punched and layered flowers to the spot on the stamp that already had flowers.

This card also features two new In Colors, Primrose Petal and Summer Starfruit, with Soft Suede. Remember back with Soft Suede was a new In Color and it was the most despised of the colors that year?  I just cannot get enough of it now.  And I love how it lends an vintage look with the new In Colors.

Come back on Friday for a look at another new stamp: Two by Two.

3 comments:

Yapha said...

Gorgeous card! Love how you did the ribbon!

Mickey Roberts said...

So pretty, Paula! Love the color blocking with the colors that you chose.

Smiles, Laurie said...

Love how you worked with some flowers for your flourish. So pretty.