Monday, May 14, 2012

Sneak Peek: New In Colors

I was just wondering what happened to April when I realized May is half over!  Sorry I missed Friday's post.  Life is busy for everyone this time of year with end-of-school activities and spring sports.  We are no exception.  I promised another sneak peek and here it is:

Colors: Whisper White, Midnight Muse, Raspberry Ripple, Summer Starfruit and Primrose Petals. Stamps: Betsy's Blossoms, Perfectly Penned.   Big Shot: Apothecary Accent Framelits and Square Lattice Embossing Folder.  Accessories: Brads
This card features three of the four new In Colors.  While I don't love them as much as the 2011-2013 In Colors, the more I use them, the more I like them.  The Midnight Muse and Primrose Petal remind me of my wedding colors so I guess it's true what they say: everything comes back into style if you wait long enough. :)

I also promised to tell you more about the new firm foam stamp pads.  Stampin' Up! retired all of the classic ink pads to introduce this new redesign.  I can see a lot of advantages to them.  With the old stamp pads, it wasn't unusual for the edges to curl up as the stamp pad dried out.  This will not be a problem with the firm foam.  It is easier to get even coverage on a large solid stamp because the stamp pad stays level also just because the texture of the pad.  But they do have a little bit of a learning curve.  Since the pads are made of foam (kind of like the Craft pads but not as soft) it is easier to catch the edges of the stamp.  A light touch is best. But over all, once you get used to them, I am confident you will love them.

Over the next week or so, I promise to show you more new products as well as features some projects with retiring stuff on them as well. After all, I'm still sad we are losing some favorites and don't want you to miss out on them either.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this card ~ bright and fun and great for just about any occasion.

Big hugs and best of luck to you during this busy, busy time. :)

Mickey Roberts said...

Very pretty, Paula! I can't wait to open the box and dive in.

Shelley Z said...

Beautiful! That flower with the embossing looked like it could be fireworks!

Yapha said...

Such a pretty card!! I love how you used the new colors and that stamp set!!

Jen Timko said...

Love seeing the new things! Thanks for the discussion on the new pads. Can't wait to try them (you've made me feel less worried about them!). What a fun and happy card!

Katherine said...

I love how you put this together. I seriously need to just break down and buy this embossing folder! I know I'd use it all the time. That flower is my absolute favorite stamp from this set!