Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Sneak Peek: Betsy's Blossoms

Yesterday afternoon, my preorder finally arrived.  I say finally because as a demonstrator, I could have ordered select items from the new catalog starting May 1.  But because our first order on May 7 would include the new 2012-2013 Catalog, I waited until this past Monday to place my order.  I love living one shipping day from Stampin' Up!

But being a grownup, I made myself finish up all the left over cards from my last Stampin' Buffet before I allowed myself to play.  Well, I really only finished most of them. I still have a few to go.  Since I promised a sneak peek today, this morning I did make one card to show you:

Colors: Early Espresso, Summer Starfruit, Raspberry Ripple, and Whisper White.  Stamps: Betsy's Blossoms, Loving Thoughts.  Big Shot: Apothecary Accents Framelits, Square Lattice Embossing Folder.  Accessories: Floral District Designer Series Paper, Brads

Can you spot all the new stuff on here?  First of all, new colors: Summer Starfruit and Raspberry Ripple.  Someone described Summer Starfruit as Kiwi Kiss (remember that color?) with a squeeze of lemon in it.  I've seen lots of women wearing the color this past year so it's right on trend.  Raspberry Ripple kind of reminds me of Purely Pomegranate, only a bit lighter.  The Floral District Designer Series Paper featured here is actually Rose Red (I didn't look it up until after I made the card) so you can see how the two colors compare.

Betsy's Blossoms is the only new stamp set I preordered so far. It is a fun set with flowers and leaves, a branch and that bird.  Since it doesn't come with a greeting, I added one from Loving Thoughts that was in the Occasions Mini Catalog.  I am so happy to that this stamp set is still available and is in the new catalog!

Did you notice the Apothecary Accent Framelits?  Unlike the Framelits that were offered in the Occasions Mini Catalog (which are also in the new catalog), this set isn't designed just to layer on top of each other.  It includes four distinct shapes (I have featured three of them here) that I can see myself using over and over and over again.  I just love that label I used for the greeting.  So cute!

Come back on Friday when I will have another sneak peak for you featuring some of the other new In Colors.  I will also talk about the new Firm Foam Stamp Pads that Stampin' Up will now be selling.  See you then!

7 comments:

Yapha said...

Super cute card! I can't wait to play with the new colors!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, you were quick! The framelit you used for the sentiment is my favorite one from that group (so far). So many goodies to get excited about, yay!

Kim said...

That's adorable. I think I'll really like this set. Waiting on UPS here.

Anonymous said...

I see all the new stuff you used so cleverly and I'm ready for my order!

Katherine said...

Adorable! I was having a really, really bad week until I saw your post and remembered that my sneak peek is arriving tomorrow! TFS!

Mickey Roberts said...

I really like all the layers and fun textures on this card, Paula! Makes you just NEED to touch it!

Shelley Z said...

Beautiful card! Lovin' those new colors!