Friday, June 1, 2012

Fell off the Wagon. Back on in time for NEW STUFF!!

Sorry I disappeared there for a couple of weeks.  Geesh!  Lots going on here and most of it is baseball related. Last spring, both my boys played soccer and baseball at the same time.  This year, I made them choose but it didn't really seem to free up any extra time.  Happily, we are in tournament play right now so that means the end is VERY near. :)

Since today is the date all Stampin' Up! demonstrators and loyal customers have been waiting months for, I couldn't let today go by without a post.  And since I've missed a couple of weeks, I'll share with you two cards, both featuring brand new products that you can order starting today.

Colors: Early Espresso, Whisper White, Raspberry Ripple, Primrose Ripple, and Summer Starfruit. Stamps: Loving Thoughts and Betsy's Blossoms.  Big Shot: Square Lattice Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, Apothecary Accent Framelits.  Accessories: Brads.
You might recognize this card as very similar to another card I posted here a few weeks back that featured the new incolors.  After I made that one, I decided to use a similar background and technique to make this card for a swap.  I do love this Dahlia stamp from Betsy's Blossoms more than I thought I would.  And these new in colors work very well together.

Colors: Rich Razzleberry, Daffodil Delight, Lucky Limeade, Whisper White.  Stamps: Floral Fancy.  Big Shot: Tasteful Trim, Circle #2 and Apothecary Accent Framelits.  Accessories: Floral District Designer Series Paper, Daffodil Delight 1/4" Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon, Rhinestone Jewels.
This is the other card I made for the preview swap.  The stamp greeting isn't new.  But the Designer Series Paper and the ribbon (as well as the framelits that I am using on everything right now) are new.  I was a little sad when they retired all the 1/4" grosgrain ribbon.  But I do love this stitched ribbon, maybe even a little more than the ribbon it replaces.  The texture is slightly different and it ties a bit flatter than the old ribbon to make a more "mailable" card.  It comes in the nine "Getting Started" colors that should be the staple of your craft room.

I get to place my big order from the new catalog today and I am so excited to get my hands on so many things.  The next week or so promises to be almost as busy as the past two weeks have been with our best friends visiting from Boise.  But I will be posting projects next week, they just might not all be brand new stuff.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you're back on the wagon! Raspberry Ripple is wonderful- glad to see a new useable purple tone -

Yapha said...

Great cards!! I love the layers under the sentiment on the Happiness card! I would never have thought of that, and they look amazing!!

Anonymous said...

Great ideas shared here, thank you Paula! I especially like the layering of the different Apothecary Accents dies. AND thanks for the info on the ribbon; good to know it ties flatter for mailing.

Tanya Boser said...

I'm trying to get back on the wagon too, lol! Glad you are back :)
The new stuff is so yummy, and these cards are full of the lush summer to come!

Mickey Roberts said...

Adorable cards! A great way to get comfortable with the new colors.

Carmen said...

Wonderful cards!! SO much fun to play with new stuff!

Sue said...

Your cards are so cute! I love the "WOW" and "POP" that the framelits add!

Katherine said...

Glad you're back! I disappeared for awhile too - this time of year is so busy! I love how you used the new stuff on these cards!